Build-Your-Own Luci (BYOL) opens the door for bright young minds to learn about the power and potential of clean energy. This STEM kit will teach you hands-on how to apply scientific concepts in real life, all while building your own customizable solar light.
BYOL comes with three modular disks, a transparent cover, two USB cables, a whole bunch of LEDs and an activities booklet. To get started, just connect the solar panel and battery disks via the USB cables and the customizable LED light board will light up!
Using a blend of exciting guided activities, science lessons and historical factoids, each chapter of the booklet focuses on a core concept that makes BYOL work. Exploring solar power, electricity, energy storage and artificial light, we follow along with the inventors and scientists as they make their discoveries, tracing how we got to now. For ages 7+!
Get to know the product a little better.
What’s in the box
• Light board, battery, and solar panel disks
• Top cover
• 2 USB cables
• 16 LED modules (red, green, blue, white)
• Activity book
• 75 lumens
• 10 cool white + 6 RGB LEDs
• Operating temp: 32ºF – 113ºF (0ºC – 45ºC)
• 4 modes: low, medium, high, flashing
• Battery level indicator
• Lasts up to 24 hours on a single charge
• Recharge via solar or quick-charge with USB (7 hours / 2-3 hours)
• Rechargeable 1000 mAh Li-ion battery
• Overcharge and over discharge protection
• Overcurrent and short circuit protection
• Diameter: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
• Height: 5.6 inches (14.2 cm)